Saturday, June 25, 2011

pretty twine & vintage maps

I love the look of twine and raffia. I've been kind of obsessed with wrapping everything in them lately.


Pretty paper


Coasters {made these last night... more on that later}


Labels {this one for a soon to come Am. Girl}


Inspiration magazine tear-outs


And my curtains I shared last week.


How pretty is this twine?? I need to get some. It's called Bakers Twine. Sure to make anything and everything prettier!

On another note I also LOVE vintage maps. Anyone with me? There's something about them. For me it's probably my love of other countries with the vintage combination {which I obviously love}.


I found this vintage poster of Central London at Blick's for $4! {Definitely the way to buy maps- Paper Source also has a wide assortment for just as inexpensive}


I'm determined to have a map like this on my wall someday. 


As I was saying... I made these last night- it took about 20 minutes using my beloved Mod Podge, vintage map scrapbook paper, and some 4" tile from Lowes. {I have yet to spray them with some sealer but that should only take a moment}



Love them. I don't think my love for vintage maps or twine will slow down anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...