Wednesday, June 8, 2011

i {heart} appliques & tutorial

I love iron-on appliques! They're so easy and adorable! Here's what I made today:


Flower onesies! 

I used this amazing fabric from Ana Maria Horner's Drawing Room collection and just cut out the flowers.



Here's what you'll need:


An Iron
A plain Onesie {I got mine from Wal-Mart for very inexpensive}
A cut fabric shape
Two-sided fusable thin interfacing {paper on one side}
Scissors {oops forgot to picture those}


Place the fabric on the interfacing- rough side up, paper side down


Iron on your fabric {It actually would be easier to iron on a square of fabric and then cut it to size, but I always forget to do that!}


Trim the edges



Peel off the paper backing


Iron on to your clothing! {And sew the edges if desired}


Lots of possibilities!


2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Nicki Huber just had a baby girl, want to make some for me?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure :) I have the two I made still- haven't put them to any use as i don't know any baby girls! Or I can make you different ones with whatever fabric you want.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...