Monday, November 15, 2010

christmas {tutorial series}: simple advent calendar

One of my favorite things at Christmas time is counting down the days, and what child doesn't love that? So for our first project I created an advent calendar, hope you {and your kiddos} enjoy it!

...
For this project you'll need:
6 pieces of 8 1/2 by 11 sheets of *heavy* scrapbook paper
{grab 7 if you want 25 days or want some extra to practice}
Elmer's glue & glitter {or you can use pens or markers}
Pencil
24 clothes pins
Pretty ribbon
1 Pack of little paper sacks {I used 'Celebrate It' 25 pack from Michaels}
Paper cutter
...
First let me say I would have used printed paper to transfer the numbers but my printer was out of commission and the Library was closed... so instead I just free handed it {which ended up not being to bad and maybe quicker}- but if you would like to use the printed numbers I have an extra tutorial on how to transfer them to your pretty paper.

Cut each sheet of paper into 4's

Get out the paper sacks and glue them to the *backs* of the cards

Next free hand or transfer your numbers to the front of the cards
I used this array of fonts but you can use whatever

To transfer from the printed font, flip the printed paper with font over and scribble with pencil {again, my printer wasn't working so this is an example using an A I had written written

Flip over and copy again with scrapbook paper underneath

When you're done tracing here is your finished transfer
copy with glue

And glitter if you so please

Let dry and clip up on the ribbon with clothes pins- you can fill the back with candy or presents or little trinkets.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...